The Baptist Confession of Faith of 1689
We exist to spread a hunger for God's glory and His sovereign grace so that all people might know Jesus Christ as their Lord, Savior, and treasure.
To glorify God and to equip the saints for His work and ministry.
Plurality of Elders
We, as believers in Jesus Christ, refer to the Baptist Confession of Faith of 1689. We believe that this document serves as a navigational tool through scripture and helps solidify the pillars of our doctrine and faith. Our theology is centered on God; based on God's Word alone; committed to faith alone; and devoted to Jesus Christ.
We believe that the health of the church us measured not in numbers but in the progressive sanctification of the believer. The church is not a building nor a structure but a body that God alone calls and builds. Salvation is God's work and He has graciously demonstrated this in His calling us before we call upon Him.
We believe in the five solas of the reformation:
- Sola Scriptura - The scripture alone is the standard
- Solo Christus - By Christ's work alone are we saved
- Sola Gratia - Salvation is by grace alone
- Sola Fida - Justification is by faith alone
- Soli Deo Gloria - Justification by faith alone.
We desire to be a church body that truly reflects the character of God. We believe that his can be measured in the following nine marks:
- Expositional preaching
- Biblical theology
- Biblical understanding of the Good News
- Biblical understanding of conversion
- Biblical understanding of evangelism
- Biblical understanding of membership
- Biblical church discipline
- Promotion of Christian discipline and growth
- Biblical undertading of leadership
- Word Centered
- Expositional Preaching